Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 87 - Thinking and stuff like that

SL was having some massive issues earlier. I couldn't shop, teleport, anything. So that gave me a chance to just sit around and think.

87-365


What did I think about? Leaving SL. Oh no, not me. God, no! I'm in this for the long haul at this point. But I see other people say they're leaving. They write long diatribes on their blogs about how they're leaving, they hate SL, they hate creating, they're bored, they're reclaiming their "real" lives, etc etc etc.

I don't think that they really want to go when they do these things. I think they WANT someone to tell them, "Please don't leave."

Sometimes they do this to just feel like they matter. Hey, we've all been there, right? But sometimes it's just for the dramatic attention. If they didn't want someone to say something, they wouldn't bother sitting there and writing out why they're so upset/bored/whatever that they feel they have to go. They'd just...do it.

In other news... Well, there's not much other news. :) I'm trying to pull myself up out of my blogging slump. We need a good challenge or something. I'm also in a shopping slump and desperately need to figure out what I want to wear lately. It's been so so so easy to just throw on a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers and I find myself doing that more than anything else lately. I look at the feeds and nothing truly has been catching my eye. Not to say that there aren't GREAT things out there, but I'm not EXCITED about anything, and that's the difference. But it's winter blues, it really is. I expect in a month or so, I'll start feeling much much better. Being out on the island with all its green and springtime feeling has been incredible and as funny as it sounds, it makes me feel much better and as such, I've been spending a lot of time outside of my house, sitting in the grass. Of course, I'm still looking for the perfect trees and the perfect landscaping items, but that will all come in time, I'm sure. :)

2 comments:

Terri Zhangsun said...

Hmmm, well I had put a challenge out there at the new year to list your top five favorite SL things in 2009 but only Lolita did it. Bless her heart! LOL!

I was thinking if I had time, I would like to go and try to discover some new store that no one has really heard about and blog about it.

Just some ideas...

Anonymous said...

I think if I had to leave SL for a reason like I was moving away and wont have the internet or there were particular RL responsibilites that prevented me from going on SL then I would announce my departure but if I just got bored and felt there was nothing keeping me there then I wouldn't, because surely if I had friends who cared I wouldn't want to leave?