Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 98 - Is it the 15th yet?

I headed over to the Isle of View to just check things out today. The Lindens do a big valentine type thing every year and I wanted to see if anything was new. It looks like last year's sim. But hey, I'm a winner?

98-365


I also got to see Cupid Linden while I was out there. She was...very tall. And I guess she turned this guy down. See his poor broken heart?

Guess she turned him down.


I know everyone says that Valentine's Day is commercial and you should be doing the nice stuff all year long and blah blah blah blah blah. I get it. But it's still kind of a downer to not have an SL Valentine this year. I've been invited to parties that are for couples and ones that you're supposed to dress up as love story characters or famous couples, and it's just... blah. I can't wait for the 14th to be over. Although I love all the pink and hearts and flowers, since I am a girly girl, I don't love being reminded that I cannot be part of a famous couple for any party this year. Maybe next year. :)

2 comments:

Emerald Wynn said...

Welcome to my real life this year too.

My mom sent me roses at work today. That was . . . nice of her, but also kind of embarrassing.

"OOH! Who'd you get those gorgeous roses from??"

". . . My mom."

*awkward silence*

I wanna be Cupid Linden. Shoot where was THAT job posting when I was looking for a job?

Josue Habana said...

I've never been one for Valentine's Day to be honest with you. Single (both in SL and RL) and quite happy that way for the moment... but I've always been a cynic when it comes to Valentines (which made me very popular with exes lol).

If someone needs a specific date and the orders of the card and gift industry to express love, then something isn't right.