Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.

I'll apologize in advance for the picture. It's more pixelated than I'd like because my video card settings for SL and for The Sims have to be different and I forgot to switch it back. It was supposed to be a great picture and some funny segue into my blog post, but I'm so distracted by the pixelation...well, whatever. Here.

Chillin'


The new year is fast fast fast approaching and I'm really ready for it. I did my New Year's goals over in my other blog, but of COURSE I need to do some for SL too!

1. Get the review copies I'm given under control. I am so so so bad at not opening things right away, and that is so very wrong because I really am grateful to everyone who is kind enough to send me something for my blog. I have probably 30 unopened boxes sitting in my Objects folder from the past couple of months and I need to open and sort them. I think it's just that I'm usually doing something in SL when I'm on and I don't have a chance to look, then it piles up.

2. Have more parties! We do have the New Year's Eve Eve party coming up on Thursday, but it used to be that I'd throw a party every Wednesday. Then every other week, then once a month, and then nothing at all. And that really kind of blows because sometimes that's the only time I get to see my friends. Everyone is usually so busy and I hate to just be all up in their IMs. Of course, they're probably thinking the same of me. LOL I've had a lot of people tell me they miss the Hump Day parties and the trivia parties, so definitely more of those in the coming year.

3. Read and comment in more SL blogs. I kind of stole this one from Tymmerie. I don't really read a LOT of SL blogs and the ones I do read, I almost never comment in. I need to fix that.

4. Be a better friend to my existing friends, and don't be scared to IM people on my friends list. I feel like this is a goal I make every year, but there's a good reason behind it. As you all know by now, I have seasonal depression every year. I can fake being chipper and upbeat for a while usually, but those who know me best know that if they didn't pull me out, I'd just sit quietly by myself for a few months and not talk to anyone. This year it's hit me a little harder than I wanted to admit, sometimes to the point of not being able to force myself to leave the house, but I'm lucky that I have good friends who know when to be in my face and when to back off a bit. So when things for me get better and I can do it, I will be better to them, and for them. ♥ And well, I just need to talk to more people on my friends list. So often I think that I don't have much to offer, or that they're busy, or that I'd just be annoying, that I don't talk. I'm not the best conversationalist in the world, but I can try. :)

I think this coming year will be a good one. I think we're all due a really really good year.

2 comments:

Asia said...

Happy New Year Alicia :)

Renee said...

I'm catching up on blog reading lol and obviously commenting too :p
I think you're a great friend, quiet or not at least we know you care and if we needed you you'd be there. <3 You handle your depression a lot better than you even think. I also hope to be more social and party more this year! yay! :)