Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 222 - Hiding in SL

I've had a weird couple of weeks. It hasn't led to interesting blog posts, that's for sure. :-p I mentioned last month that my mom had her medical issues, remember? She had more tests done on Tuesday just because the doctors are still trying very hard to determine WHAT caused her major anemia. They can't believe anyone would get that anemic without some kind of big medical problem. Or being vegan. lol Sorry to all the vegans out there, but she was asked if she was one when she was in the hospital.

The problem was that these tests were invasive, and my mom is highly dramatic even on a normal day. So for the past two weeks, she's been a ball of anxiety, and so I'VE been a bigger ball of major anxiety because I'm my mother's daughter and that's how we roll. So I've had my panic attacks and been pretty much a bear to live with or be around.

Luckily, they didn't find anything crazy going on. No huge internal bleeds, no crazy problems. I couldn't tell if the doctor was relieved or kind of annoyed that the tests showed that everything was basically fine and she just showed the normal wear and tear of a 68 year old woman.

After a very very good night's sleep, I woke up today wanting to just eat junk food and kind of hide in SL. Do you ever feel like that? Like you just can't wait to get back in there even if all you do is sit around?

Day 222 - Hiding in SL


I actually got to spend some time with Aldwyn tonight, which was great. We never have nearly enough time together even on a regular day, so it was good to go out on the grid with him. I also got to see one of the homes Ulaa is working on for Home Expo, and I have a feeling we'll be switching houses soon. It's definitely a family sized house, which we don't really NEED [yet] but I like it a lot!

I spent a great part of the evening working on making fingernails to go with the SLink avatar enhancement hands. It's so fun! I have very much enjoyed all the pretty nails that other people have been making but they all looked, as many things in SL can look, just very very perfect. And that makes sense since the people making them seem to have some pretty decent Photoshop skills. I wanted some nails that look like I would have painted them myself. Just kind of cute, but definitely not perfect. I applied for a developers kit and Siddean gave it to me on Sunday. I just couldn't wait to get started but I couldn't get started until today. My plurk friends are totally amazing people and helped me out a LOT in learning how to put a "shine" to the nails. It didn't come out just like I wanted, but for my very very limited skills, I'm just pleased as punch with what I did!!! It was also loads of fun learning how to put the HUD together and all that. Mine looks very plain and basic compared to what others have done, but it's not like people wear the HUD to a fancy party, right? :-p I'm going to put it up on Marketplace for cheap once I get it done completely. But oh, I just want to make more nails!!

I'm completely and totally behind in blogging some other stuff, though. Well, not that I'm all that fast with blogging to begin with, but I FEEL like I'm behind. Hopefully all the medical issues and stuff will calm down for a while so that I can calm myself down and get back to whatever passes for normal around here. :)

2 comments:

The Alt said...

wow making nails!way to go! cant wait to find them on the marketplace!

Vixxie Vultee said...

the nail HUDs are super fun to make, right?! and, let's be honest, they are even more fun to collect. but i've been having a blast with making them too! i can't wait to see yours!