Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 279 - I Threw My Shepherd's Pie For You!

Whenever people ask me about the whole SL family thing, one major question always comes up. "Do you HAVE to spend all your time with them? Because I'd like to have a family but I don't want to have to be with them all the time."

Well, geez, guys. They're not your RL family. :-p

But no, we don't spend ALL our SL time together. Some families do! They all live in one area and they're together constantly because that works for them. MY SL family spends time together, but not daily because we do have other things that we do when we're in world. We chat on plurk, or Skype, or IM, but we're not just landing on each others' heads all of the time. They could land on me if they wanted, I think all of my family are able to locate me on the map, but for the most part, we spend time together when we have the time and it's never forced. We genuinely like each other [because we were friends before we were family!] so spending time with them is fun and a true joy.

Honestly, I'm happy when they're just online. I like looking at my friends list in world and seeing their names. It's comforting. But earlier tonight, I was in world and none of them were online at all. So, I went to plurk and complained.

Alllll byyyy myyyyselllllffff....

Pretty soon afterwards, my sister and brother in law showed up. And 5 minutes after that, my goddaughter popped in. Then we spent about an hour just sitting together and chatting and laughing about random things. [Like the wicked bad shepherd's pie Takeo ate once! It was wicked bad ovah there! *snickers*] It was one of the best parts of my day. :)

Day 279 - I threw my shepherd's pie for you!


So the real answer to "Do you HAVE to spend all of your time with them?" is no, you don't. But you'll love every moment that you can get with them.

In other news, I think I want to switch houses again. As much as I love our home, I've felt a little... well, not uncomfortable, but a little weird, after the Home Tour. All these strangers were in the house and while I decorated in a personal way, it was also kind of for show. And that hasn't sat well with me. Barnes came out with a new home and I adore the layout of it. Really really love it! So I'm thinking that I want to use it. But oh man, to pick all this stuff up and get it sorted in my inventory? Jeebus. But I probably will end up doing it because I feel like it's necessary.

Plus, you know, I have a million other things to do and don't want to do most of them, so setting up a new house will be a nice distraction. :)

No comments: