Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 326 - Parents' Night!

Tonight was Parents' Night at Camp Hardknock!! Oh, it was so good to see my girl again! And we were lucky that Aldwyn was able to join us, too! He doesn't always get to join us for anything that's earlier in the evening because of his schedule, but he definitely wanted to be there to see Abby and have fun.

It was SUPER laggy for me, so my sister Lolita was nice enough to take pictures and make some gifs for us!

Day 326 - Parents' Night!





After Abby had a sweet dedication read to us and one of "our" songs played, she wanted to show us around camp. We got to see her cabin, meet some of her cabinmates and other camp friends, and she even took us down into the super secret room at camp. We had to walk a long long way to get there, and take flashlights, too! It's so secret, I couldn't even take pictures!

We also went sledding and oh my GOSH, I wish I had gotten more than one little screencap because it was hysterical! I had tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard! We chose the family sit on the sled and we didn't know we were supposed to jump off when we got to a certain point. Abby did, but we just kept on sliding! Eventually, Aldwyn and I crashed into a wall and Abby ran to find us. I got up but he didn't, and then the sled just kept on going! It was trying to get back to the starting point! Aldwyn got stuck in a crevice and I ran to push him out. And oh yes, HE got out, but when I ran to push, I fell down and Abby tumbled after me and we got stuck in a rock! She managed to teleport us back to the starting point and who should we see coming over the hill in the crazy possessed sled? Aldwyn! OMG, I couldn't stop laughing! It was awesome!

But just as we somehow all made it back to the start, the sim crashed. It was okay, though, because they were sending all the parents home anyway and the kids were getting ready for tuck in. So we had a few minutes to say goodbye to Abby, and then we headed on home.

I think it was really awesome that we got to hang out together, and I think it'll be enough to get us through the next few days. She only has 3 more full days at camp, and then she'll be home!

After we got home, we headed to a landscaping store because I'm determined to do more landscaping than just having 42380 trees around. But ol' Daddy Z was exhausted from his wild sled ride, so he went to bed in the middle of our browsing. I can't really do anything until we get our new house, anyway, so there's still a lot more stuff to look at.

I hope everyone had as nice of a day as I did!

No comments: