Wednesday, October 1, 2008

No publicity for you!

I very likely woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, so anything I say is opinion and don't call me a bitch. At least, not any more than you do usually. :-p

Last night I got an out of the blue IM from someone I've never heard of before asking if I'd help promote a treasure hunt. I was kind of surprised, but I said ok without thinking too much about it. And I did tell my group about it, even though I know this person probably wanted me to blog it. They sent me the info card and I'd never heard of the place before, which isn't surprising since it's a hunt to celebrate the opening. So I IMed the person and asked who was participating, which designers? The people in my group are big shoppers, but we all seem to be growing tired of hunts - especially crappy hunts with crappy gifts, so I wanted to know if it would be worth our time to go. The person said, "The designers are not known yet."

The hunt opens tomorrow and you don't know who's in it? So they sent me a card of the prizes that would be there. Table, couple of tattoos, a rug, etc. Nothing that stood up and made me say "Oh my god, I have to do this hunt." In fact, the way the card had the things listed, it made me say, "Isn't that a freebie already?"

I cannot in good faith blog about a hunt when I have no idea who the designers participating are, or what the quality of the gifts are. I don't even LIKE hunts all that much, and have said that before, which is why I was really surprised when I was asked to promote one. So I'm very sorry to the person who asked me to spread the word, but I just can't do it without knowing more about it. Throw a Free Speerit skin or a pair of J's shoes in there, and we'll talk.

3 comments:

Terri Zhangsun said...

Thank you having our best interest at heart here. I too do not want to waste my time at some crappy hunt when I barely like doing them either unless there is something worth my time!

Anonymous said...

Good choice! Especially when your blog is more of a personal one, you don't have to blog anything if you don't think it's worth it :)

Anonymous said...

You could have just said that you would not do it instead of coming here and make fun of peoples work. Why were you so polite inworld and so rude here? I leave the question. Weather you answer it or not I don't care, because i just made your picture and I did not like it. Like you did not like me wich is good. :-)