Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 255 - Baby, I gacha money...

So I'll admit it. I'm not a huge fan of gacha. I know, I know. People go NUTS for gacha in SL, especially the festivals. I headed out to the Albero one today. I didn't REALLY enjoy myself.

255-365


I'm sure it looks a lot better than that, but I had my settings on the very lowest to try to combat lag. It was opening day, I think. Or yesterday was. I don't know. So naturally it was super lagged out with all the people.

If you DON'T know what gacha is, basically it's a vending machine and you pop in some money and you get a item. Usually the creators put in the same item in different colors, or sometimes it's a set. And you just keep popping in money until you get the color you want, or you complete the set. You don't know what you're going to get. It's all chance.

I don't like it.

Yes, yes. It's supposed to be fun. But if I want to buy something, I'd like it to be as easy as possible. Fatpack options would be super nice for gacha. [I feel the same way about lucky chairs and camping gifts. Just let me buy it easily!]

Of course, I spent quite a bit at the gacha festival. There were things I wanted and I kept getting the wrong colors. Like some old lady at a slot machine, I kept plugging in my $L, waiting for the right thing, the right color.

It's really kind of frustrating. But hey, people like it and creators get money. I guess it's win win. I still wish for fatpacks, though. :)

However, most of the things at the gacha festival are pretty awesome. I have a feeling I will get at least one of almost everything before it ends on the 14th.

After all...I need to complete my set of smiles.

Haaayyy gurlll...haayyyyy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL! That is truly the smile of an old lady at a winning slot machine!!!