Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day 365 - All Endings Are Also Beginnings

And so we come to the final day of my 365 Day Project. It took me almost 2 and a half years, but hey. I did it. :-p

I had a lot of thoughts of what I wanted my final post to be. I wanted it to be insightful. Maybe inspirational. I wanted my photo to be perfect. But as I got closer to the date, it became clear to me how it should end. I still wanted my photo to be perfect, though.

When I started this project for the second time, I was coming off of a year that was probably one of the most stressful of my life, but one that also had a few high moments. We had just had our 3 month SL wedding anniversary and we were very much in our own tiny world. Heck, even just looking back at those first pictures of 2012, we even LOOKED younger. I was not even wearing that much mesh! :-O

But as the year progressed and went into 2013, I realized that I was lonely. Not when Aldwyn was with me, of course. But when he wasn't with me, I was often alone. I knew I needed something more, I just didn't know what. I was scared to let anyone into our bubble. I didn't want to enter anyone else's bubble. Then one summer day last August, I took a landmark and answered a question that started a whole new world for me.

As the end of this project started to come, and our trial with Brianna went on, I knew how I wanted to end this. I wanted to end it with a beginning. A beginning, and a perfect picture.

Day 365 - All Endings Are Also Beginnings


After Lolita dumped us from the sky after scouts, I got this idea in my head that for her surprise adoption, we should go skydiving, as falling from the sky and laughing was kind of Brianna's introduction to the craziness that is our family. I found the right target and the right parachutes. I put together a pretty note, lights, sunflowers, and sparkles. She and I jumped time after time last night so I could make sure that she would get right in the vicinity of the target. In my head, it would be perfect.

But nothing is perfect in life, and I think that's what makes it so beautiful! I sent the family up in the skydiving pod and jumped out immediately, running to the target to put the sign and everything up. Then I heard SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! Abby, Lolita and Raven fell to the ground without their parachutes opening. Brianna went sailing off into the water way on the other side of the target. I was DYING and laughing and yelling "Okay! Everyone run towards the target!!"

I was laughing and nervous all at the same time. I was shaking. Brianna said she cried. Aldwyn would not rez for me even after 2 relogs and a cache cleaning. Once he finally did, I just laughed and snapped a picture. This wasn't the perfect adoption I planned, but it was perfect for our family.

[21:09] Second Life: Brianna Serendipity is now known as Brianna Jade Zanzibar.

So this is the end of the 365 Day Project for me. It's a new beginning for our family. It's not the end of blogging for me. It's the beginning of a new chapter.

Thank you if you've been reading for a while. There is definitely more to come!


2 comments:

She had an Epiphany said...

aww cute! looking forward to more of your posts

birdy ♥ said...

I can't even put into words how touched I was and how happy it made me. <3