Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 114 - The guy thing

I've always been a guy's girl. I enjoy hanging out with guys, and for most of my life, I've always had a lot of male friends. Any female friends that I've been close with have usually been the same way. Other women have disliked me because of this. I'm the girl that the guys enjoy chatting with, showing things to, hanging out with. And really, it's 99.9% of the time platonic. Guys tend to think of me as the little sister in most cases. In SL, I find myself with more female friends, which is quite odd to me, although it is nice. But I miss having male friends to take exploring, go do hunts with, or just hang out and chill with. I'm kinda jealous when my girl friends talk about taking guys here and there. I'm happy for them, but yes, jealous.

114-365

I had more male friends for a time, but around mid to late 2008, they started slipping away. A lot of that was my fault and I'll admit that. But oh...I do miss it.

Not that I don't have male friends at all now. I'm lucky enough to have some really awesome ones. But for one reason or another, I don't get to see them very often. Some are in the wrong time zone or our schedules are just very different. Some are partnered, dating, or have girls I know interested in them, and of course most of those girls don't appreciate another female being too close to their men. :-p A few are kind of only interested in chatting with me when they're horny. And some work in SL and are too busy to just hang out often.

Ah well, it'll happen if it's meant to. And it's kind of fitting that I use this topic for my 114th picture. 114 was the chapter number of a fraternity whose brothers I was quite close to, and the number always makes me smile. :)

Speaking of men, I ran into a couple over the past 24 hours. Please, someone find them and help them. They are making me sad.

Yuck.

3 comments:

Andria Meredith said...

I've always kind of been a one-of-the-guys girl as well, although I'm plenty girly and have a close nit group of female friends. I don't really know a lot of guys in SL besides a couple from a group of mine, and them not really well enough to hang out with. I always just figured that was because I spent more time in clothing shops than sex shops. Not saying all guys are like that, but.......

And maybe those fellows pictured below are a clue as to why you haven't found as many guys to hang out with. ;P

Talismere said...

Hehe hey, had to smile reading your blog cause I have been frustrated about the very same thing just 7 months ago. Then I met my 2 buddies, and all was well. I dunno what I'd do without them, but I would never dare dating one of them cause the friendship is just too precious. We just explore, roleplay or hang out and goof around. Sure hope you'll find your Best Buddies evarrr soon too, females are fun to hang out with but heck they can be tiresome and complicated...

Propoquerian said...

my boyfriend is a photographer and pretty much most of his friends are his female models. But I trust him and I don't get bothered by it! I swear...not all of us on the non-platonic side are bothered by our men having female friends! Hope you find your guyfriends again :) Oh and i'm going to follow you because i'm a creative writing major in school and want to see what the life of a Real writer is like!