Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oh, guess what?

About 2 years ago, I was working at a club called Liquid Rage and an IM with a gift popped up out of nowhere. I didn't know the person IMing me, but I had just started getting a few more readers and random IMs weren't unusual. The girl told me that she'd read how I had been having kind of a bad day, and she wanted to give me a gift because she enjoyed my blog. She also went on to tell me a few other things about herself - more than most people usually did at that time.

She would IM me, once in a while, almost always when she thought my posts sounded sad, and almost always to drop something sweet on me. That's just the kind of person she is - generous. I didn't add her to my friends list. I don't know why, but I just didn't. There was something a little too strong about her personality that I wasn't quite ready for. I started to think of her as my angel, though. The one who just popped up in the hard times to put a smile on my face.

I didn't hear from her for a few months, months that I know now that she was battling something terrible. She happened to come back around the time I really needed a friend. One night she needed to teleport me over, and that's how she ended up on my friends list. And once she was there, I couldn't imagine a time when she wasn't.

Do you know who I'm talking about? Of course you do! It's none other than my best friend, Sophia Harlow! And guess what?

Glitter Text Generator



So happy birthday to my best friend, the yin to my yang, the Melina to my Lida, the loca with the gassiest pugs around. I love you muchly!!

Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant


Ooh, taco grande!


And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew



Fame!


You would see, the biggest gift would be for me
and the card attached would say,



Mmmmm...custards


Thank you for being a friend.

Sophia Harlow: you are a good friend!
Sophia Harlow: you really thought I was that dumb
Sophia Harlow: and didnt laugh at me
Sophia Harlow: <3
Alicia Chenaux: <3

4 comments:

SophHarlow said...

You have it all wrong...you were MY angel.

Thank you so much, this made me cry. You have been such a never ending source of support, love, comfort, laughter and so so much more over the years...thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I just simply adore you.

SophHarlow said...

I replied...twice and my comment didn't show up!

Anyway...thank you for your every kindness, sharing your great big heart with me, making me laugh even when I was sure I never could...just thank you for being you.

Love you..love you and love you.

Casandra Shilova said...

awww, what a great tribute!

Happy Belated B'day Sophia!

Emerald Wynn said...

AWWWW! I've been out of town. Just read this! Happy Belated Birthday, Soph!! <3