Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 186 - Sometimes live music makes me cranky

I have to admit, I've never been a HUGE fan of live music in SL. Oh, I have a few artists that I enjoy, but I can count them on one hand. It's not usually the music that gets me. It's the people who attend the shows. So really, it's rare that I venture out to concerts and I've been like that for a while. Now that I'm with someone who does enjoy live music in SL, we've gone to a few concerts in the past few days. [Wait till all the fashion shows start up again. Payback shall be sweet.] Tonight we hit up a country place where a guy was actually a pretty terrific singer. His followers, however...

186-365


Every person back there was muted. I could not enjoy the music AT ALL until I muted the entire crowd because there were SO. MANY. DAMN. GESTURES. Is it simply impossible to enjoy a show without blasting a 20 line gesture 5 times in a row? Am I missing something in that I want to just dance and listen to the music without hearing "HOOOOO!" and "ROAARRRRR" and "I LOVE THIS TUNNNNEEEE" 137 times in less than 10 minutes?

Of course, once I had them all muted, I started looking around.

Hola, skankola.

Thong th-th-th-thong


I don't care how much I love someone, I would NEVER agree to wear a matching tragedy.

Uh. No.


These folks look like they're lost.

They're in the wrong place, I think.


The music itself? Excellent. He was a pretty great singer, awesome voice. But the people. Oh, the people.

We attempted another show for someone else later, but I kept hearing a "ding! ding! ding!" in my ears. I thought I was going nuts [shut up], but nope.

Grrrrr


He was NOT part of the band.

We decided going home was our best course of action.

I might just be cranky because I'm tired, but goodness. What a night.

No comments: