Monday, July 11, 2011

What the...

I just have to say at the moment, I'm totally confused.  Somewhere in the week that I've been without blogging, Blogspot decided to change the dashboard and how we post shit. I...I'm scared.

Anyway. Hi!

We made it through the surgery and all, and I came home yesterday afternoon, much to the delight of the cat. Going back into SL was a little weird. Do you all ever feel that way after you've been away for a few days? Aldwyn was awesome and logged in as me to clear my messages while I was gone, so I didn't miss a thing, but I kept looking at my shape wondering if he'd made my hips wider or made me taller, since I seemed a little taller and fatter in my eyes. He also didn't dress me like a tramp, but I'd pretty much logged out looking like a tramp and I doubt he could have found anything in my inventory anyway. I was kind of sad, though, because I didn't get to see him.

Not a hobo :-p


He's off living in a van down by the river like a hobo. Probably eating beans with ketchup. Beans that he cooked still in the can over an open fire.

Okay, so maybe that's not completely true, but he is at a river doing some rafting. I don't know for sure that he's eating beans. I've never been camping, so all camping makes me think about hobos. Like this.

An actual hobo


Getting back into SL and blogging seems strange to me right now. I know I need to because it's a creative outlet for me, but this past week I met a man who was about to have a mitral valve replacement, watched my daddy, the strongest man I have ever or will ever know, have to use a walker just to move around the house, and saw a family in tears as one of their own died before any of them could get there. Somehow blogging about a new dress or listening to peoples' online drama seems a little less important to me at the moment. But "at the moment" is the key phrase. I'm sure I will get back to enjoying all of this soon enough.

3 comments:

Emerald Wynn said...

I know exactly how you feel. Exactly. ♥

Aldwyn Zanzibar said...

I ate MUCH better than a can of beans. Trust me on this.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel too.. but need to go away from SL for longer periods myself... Sometimes I think the opposite.. I need more sleep and SL off time :)