Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 258 - Epically Easy

Tonight was movie night with the family!

Day 258 - Epically Easy


This coming week marks 3 weeks since I've been sibling adopted and I have to say, it's nothing like I thought it would be. It's really much better! Oh, not that I thought it would be horrible or anything like that. I've known these people for ages and I've liked them for ages. But I guess it's just that the whole family thing is easier than I ever thought it would be.

I don't know what I really expected. [And it's 1am, so I'm rambling here.] I spent a lot of months being alone 90% of the time. Any problems I thought I'd have, they were totally on me, not on these wonderful people who were nice enough to take me in as family.

But it's not weird, or uncomfortable, or anything. It's just really easy and I feel really natural around everyone. As we hang out and chat, we laugh a lot and we're starting to have our family jokes and I really enjoy being around them. Learning to do some family roleplay and even being around kid avatars has been easy, too! I just didn't know I would like it this much. Heck, if I had, I would have tried it years ago! LOL!

Have I mentioned we're trial godparents right now? Yep! My friend Abby on plurk mentioned that she was looking for godparents and I said if she put a panel up, I'd jump on it. Godparents in SL are different than RL ones in that there's not really a religious thing behind it. In SL, it's usually just an adult [or 2] that a child av can go to when they want hugs, or to talk, or to hang out with someone. Abby's been coming to a few family things and we all really like her. Plus it helps that she's not a big babytalker or anything. Tonight she was able to hang out with Aldwyn and me and they seemed to get along great. We have one more day left on our trial with her, but I'm pretty sure we know what we're gonna do. :)

Anyway, it's late and I have much to do tomorrow. Goodnight everyone!

No comments: