Monday, May 11, 2009

Still waiting.

The wait for the new video card continues. But I've discovered that I'm fine on my island, and on Conatus, where the WTFug HQ is located. So I can be on either sim easily enough and with minimal lag. Other sims...well, it's a bit of a trial, but I'm muddling through. I even managed to complete the Keys To The VIP hunt. I know, I know, I wasn't going to do it. To say that I've been VERY pleasantly surprised with the gifts in this hunt, and the fact that MOST of the designers participating haven't been complete asses and hidden their keys in impossible locations, would be an understatement. Did I get help with it? Hell yes I did. But only in the worst spots. Hello? Stupid video card. Even when the key was right in front of me when I landed, it took ages to rez.

I also had the chance to be an extra in a video shoot with some of the girls. I can't wait to see it because with my settings turned as low as they are so I can walk, most things never rezzed all the way for me. It was loads of fun and if anyone needs extras in their machinima...call on us. We love it.

I'll end with this expressing my condolences to the friends and family of Rheta Shan. I only had the opportunity to meet her once, and reading all the beautiful tributes to her today, I wish that it had been more. There is a guardian angel watching over you now, and you will meet her again in a world far more different than the physical, or the virtual.

No comments: