Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes.

If you're looking for the sign up post, it's over here.

Don't forget - Tonight is a big Hump Day/Blogger Challenge party!! 7pm SLT in my party ball! My parcel will be closed except for Bluebonnet residents and selected others while I make sure all the stuff is placed properly.



I kind of skipped over the whole relationship topic for myself. Like I've said before, you never need to use a topic for the challenge if you don't want to. Those of us doing the 365 day project could just continue doing what we've been doing, you know? I have adored reading some of the posts on the topic, though. Everyone's experiences have been so different for the most part.

But, the age topic is one that interests me, and I figured I'd go ahead and get my day 4 post out of the way while I have time to write.

A few months ago, I participated in a study about people and their relationships with their SL avatars. The professor conducting the study asked me once, "How old is Alicia?" My answer was, "She's 32." Because I'm 32, so it just stood to reason that my avatar was too, as she is me.

But since then, I've realized that while I don't really set an age to my avatar, she is very much like I was in my late teens/early 20s. Quiet, but usually always up for a party. Scared, but never too scared to do something new. In love with life, and love, and fashion, and meeting new people.

So really, if I HAD to place an age on my avatar, I think she'd be around 19-21 most of the time.

Except for tier time. Then she's all old and responsible. :-p

The funny thing is - I really enjoy being in my 30s. My best friend is about to turn 30 next month, and she was moaning to me on Monday that she can't believe it's happening to her. I told her that I felt the same way, right up until my 30th birthday. I was SO happy to reach 30! And even through all the mess and the daily stuff I have to deal with, I LOVE being in my 30s. It's so much more fun. I don't feel 32. I feel younger than I did back in my 20s when I was trying to be sooo adult. I hope that never changes, because I really like myself now, and I sure didn't back then.

Aging is not 'lost youth' but a new stage of opportunity and strength.
-Betty Friedan


2 comments:

Joonie said...

Ali, I love this post. =)

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only weird woman in this world. The day I turned 30 was the happiest of my life. And I must mention that nothing special happened that day,no big surprise party, no superfantastic presents, now "marry me" stuff... I was just happy for turning 30. And I still think that being in my 30s is a bless :))