Saturday, March 8, 2008

Last Day Of Standard Time

Don't forget to set your clocks ahead an hour tonight - if you live in a place where you have to do that. :) I love Daylight Savings Time. I don't even mind missing an hour of sleep tonight.

Ladies, if you haven't joined Callie Cline's group CAL GAL for Friendship Week, you've missed out on some fab gifts!! There's still time to join and head to the store to pick up what you've missed. Day Five's gift is my favorite so far, I think, because it's one of the Ingrid skins from La Sylphide. It's got a great glossy lip in a darker berry color and a super smoky eye. This version is just for the CAL GAL group, and won't be sold, so pick it up! Big thanks to Callie & all the designers that helped her do this Friendship Week. It's been so fun!

So I was researching a little more on the Big Name Store in my previous post [you can read the forum post that sparked this whole thing here]. Apparently, this is not the first time that this has happened, and people are getting really mad. I headed out to the store myself to see if there were ANY signs that state "Shop At Your Own Risk." But no. The only sign was one warning about "theives" and to support the real "artits" in SL. Hey, you don't provide customer service, I'm going to make fun of your spelling skills. But the thing that got me was that there were still so many people out there shopping. I so badly wanted to scream, "Stop! If you need help you won't get any!" I didn't, but I really wanted to.

The Tequila Belt is almost finished. I had someone test it today because it dispenses a tequila shot. :) I wasn't sure how I was going to do it or if the "Give All Contents" script would even work while I was wearing the belt, but it worked just fine. Once I make a texture for the belt base itself, we should be good to go. Of course, the person behind the idea gets to see it first once it's fully completed, because that's just the way it works. I'm not sure what belt is next. I have so many ideas, but SL is doing the weird building glitch on me again where my edits roll randomly back to another number, and that is SO frustrating.

Uh oh, Blogger seems to be having issues. I better save this in a notepad. lol

Oh! By the way, Ki-Squared [SLurl] is having a sale and you MUST go because there are these cool wide legged jeans that have 2 prims for each leg and they are SO NICE! I mean it! If they sucked, you know I'd have no problems saying so. But really, they are very well done and I just love mine so much! Normal price is $100L but they're only $50L in the sale so if you get both colors [black & dark blue] it's like a BOGO sale. Plus there are lots of cool tops. I spent very little and came out with a bunch of stuff. I don't know when the sale ends, so hurry and go over. There are some argyle sweaters for men, but that's it as far as guy stuff goes. I love argyle, so of course I picked up some for myself. The ties skirt and the mini dresses don't appear to be on sale.

I do have an actual "thought of ahead of time" topic to blog about later. Yes, believe it or not, most of my blogs aren't planned ahead. :-p

I guess I should see if I can even post this.

[It took 2 hours to post.]

1 comment:

caLLie cLine said...

thanks for the kind words!! that skin is FAB and so nice of my "new" friend stephanie misfit to offer it for my group.

it's been a fun week of making friends, and seeing how awesome people can be and just so nice, AND looking FAB while doing it!

xoxo,

caLLie