Friday, November 28, 2008

Routine

Laleeta threw down a little meme for us today in her blog.

What are the things you have to do right when you log into SL? What's your routine like?

1. I go through all the group notices, mostly just clicking "Ok" to close them. I admit that I am the WORST at reading notices unless they're from my group or Starting Point. I just grab whatever attachments are on notices or keep whatever objects are being offered from the 10,000,000 SOMs I'm in. I almost NEVER keep landmarks or notecards.

2. I get dressed! Lately I scour my inventory for sweaters and other winter clothes. But all outfits must be matched with the right skin and hair, so sometimes I'm standing around flipping between different skins to find the one that matches. Almost any time I buy something new, I immediately put it on to resize prims, so almost all of my clothes are specially fitted to my body and tinted, if necessary, when I put them on.

3. I look at IMs and answer back if I need to. If it looks like I'm not IMing you quickly after I log in, it's not that I'm ignoring you. I just like to be able to do what I need to do first before settling into IMs. I get all my offlines forwarded to my email since my messages cap, so usually I've already seen them anyway.

4. I head out to the ground level of the island and do any housekeeping necessary, and check visitor counters to see who has been by. I have 2 counters that tell me immediately when someone drops in, but I have a few others that I have to manually go check. Of course, with the landing point set, it's not usually a huge problem.

5. After all of that, I'm free to do whatever I want! :)



No comments: