Monday, November 17, 2008

Starting the week

The weekend was rough, to say the least. It's funny how each week we do these Hump Day parties, and everyone is happy because it's the middle of the week, only 2 days till the weekend. This past weekend was kind of MY hump day. The thing I have to get through to get back to being myself. I wish I could say that I got through it beautifully, but I didn't. But I am somewhat better today, so no worries.

I do want to say, though, that I feel incredibly lucky today. I logged in to notecards, get well cards, and sweet IMs. Unfortunately my messages capped on Friday evening, so I'm having to go through my email to see what I missed, but thank you all so much. Just...thank you. There is nothing I could do or say at this point to convey how grateful I am to those of you who have reached out to me with your own stories or words of support, or even just trying hard to keep my plurk karma from plummeting too hard. [It was a slap when I managed to get myself to the computer yesterday and saw it had fallen almost an entire point in one day. Not that it matters really, but in my state, it still upset me more than it should have.]

Anyway...besides me laying in bed or sitting on the couch doing crossword puzzles this weekend [the only thing that kept me calm], I watched a lot of tv, ate too many Mexican wedding cookies, and watched RLBF make 3 huge holes in the wall so he could drop cables. Oh, and because I was refusing to check most of my emails or look at blogs or plurk or myspace or chat, I managed to surf my way into one hell of a computer virus. I still don't know if it's completely gone, I've got Google Installer popping up every so often telling me there's something wrong with it, I can't reinstall Chrome, Spybot won't pop up so I can run a scan [CCleaner still works for some reason], McAfee says things are A-OK, and we had to open up my computer so RLBF could hook in his laptop just to be able to run a program. I think it's clear now: I can't do anything except SL because when I do, I manage to break stuff.

The house is a mess, my bedroom looks like a disaster area, and I'm fairly certain underpants gnomes have been in my house because I can't seem to find any. I guess it's time for me to get up and get back to my normal activities.

Oh, and wtf is in my head today? Well, not this song exactly, but I love Holly McNarland and I've been listening to her music this weekend.



4 comments:

Bon Berman said...

I am glad you have that you got through the weekend and can look forward to a great week Ali.

Anonymous said...

*big hugs* Glad you're feeling somewhat better :):):)

Terri Zhangsun said...

I'm glad to hear that you are doing better!

Dyami Jameson said...

Hang in there Alicia! Glad you're feeling a little better!