Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 84 - Live Laugh Love...and stickers!

I went out today to shop around the Live Laugh Love Family Fair. It's a charity event raising money for Autism Speaks, something near and dear to my heart as two of my best friends have autistic children.

Live Laugh Love Family Fair


As you would expect from a family fair, there's much to buy for kid avatars, things to put in a family home, and poses made specifically for families. It's all unbelievably adorable.

I don't really do the immersive family thing in SL. I consider Ulaa my "sister" and have even taken on two more "sisters" in the past month [Hi Rylan and Willis!], and of course I have my husband, but that's about as far as it has gone for me. Last year when I started thinking about family stuff, I didn't have the time or energy to do anything. Now...well, I'd be lying if I said that going to that fair and knowing some of the families I know on plurk doesn't make me think about it. But I don't feel like I have the ability to cultivate that kind of bond with anyone at the moment. I'd hate to just get bored with a kid av, you know? Or be like, hey, I know I'm supposed to be your mom and stuff, but can you like...not be in my house? How crappy would THAT be?! LOL!!

Anyway, the fair is for a good cause, so I suggest going out there even if you're not particularly family oriented because there are things like wall decals and other little cute items for sale. :)

Day 84 - Live Laugh Love...and stickers!


No comments: