Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Visiting Koreshan, and other stuff from Tuesday

Talisman - Head Bag!

Ever have one of those days where you want to just throw a bag over your head? :-p Today wasn't exactly one of those days, but it came close. I pulled a double shift at the club, because 30 minutes before our 7pm event [which is usually our "prime" event of the night], our DJ decided he was not coming in and may not come in again. But, no big loss, I think, because that sucker was almost NEVER coming in. It did leave us in kind of a lurch, though, since most of our DJs have other jobs. So I got to fill in. It was kind of a scramble at the last minute since the past 2 times I've DJed at the Viper Pit, I play anything and everything, and actually don't end up playing a lot of harder rock and metal stuff. But, it went well, and people had fun, so that's what counts.

Afterwards, I was laying down at home when my baby logged in, so I got to spend some time with him. :) No no, you pervs, not naked time. Not tonight anyway. ;) LOL But tomorrow, since I don't have ANY work to do, we get to go out and have some fun in SL. :) I am SO LUCKY because he doesn't seem to mind that I like to just hang out at home or hang out at the pit. In fact, I start to feel bad that we seem to do everything I want, but he says it doesn't bother him. I guess just as long as we're together. :) But I do want to go somewhere fun or photographically pretty for our date. Photographically...is that a word? Spellcheck didn't catch it, so I guess it is!

After Levi logged off, I did some gift hops, and somehow found myself in the sim of Koreshan. This is the home of stores like Gritty Kitty, Draconic Kiss, and Chicanery. Isn't that a great word? Chicanery. I love great words, like serendipity or illuminate. Anyway. :-p After I looked in the store I was there to look at, I took a walk around the sim, which is set up like this run down old amusement park. It's pretty awesome. I love that grungy dirty look. I also got to play around in the Chicanery store, which is great!! Check out the pics. :) I'm making them small since there's a bunch, but you can of course go to my Flickr to look at them at a decent size.

Koreshan - Condemned

Koreshan - Ack! Clown!

Koreshan - Dirty!

Koreshan - Chicanery

Koreshan - More wheeee!

Koreshan - Whee!

Koreshan - Reaching

Koreshan - Waving


I highly suggest going out there to check things out. It looks like they're doing construction...but it's kind of hard to tell.

So after THAT, I hopped over to the pit and used my trusty Mystitool to rez a sky platform so I could build in peace. I finished my semi-practical little thing, and passed it out to my group. :) I'm going to have it up for sale in the store, but I'm gonna let my adorable group members let me know what they think of it first before letting everyone know what it is. It's really kind of silly, but I think it's kinda useful. Almost. Not extremely so, otherwise I'd have gotten bored and wouldn't have finished it. :)

I just realized how LATE it is! It's so late, it's almost early!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to leave you a note letting you know that DJ Dilly Dobbs is fabulous and he would be an asset to your club! :)