Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Beachy!

So remember my plans for a "fiesta" type area? Well, I did what I used to do when building - I just started throwing prims around. I didn't REALLY know what I wanted, so I just started looking up pictures of Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and Puerto Vallarta to see if I could get an idea of what their bars/clubs looked like. The base ended up looking like this.


Creating again


I started wondering if I was just building too BIG. I mean, I looked so tiny on top of the prims. But then I realized if we have a party on there, it had to be big enough for people to dance, so I stopped worrying too much about it.

Then things just started coming together. I found a cute full perm little tiki bar for free on XStreet, and it was PERFECT. It had a plain little bucket prim that gives drinks, but I pulled things out of that and made a rotating prim with a bar back texture on it to give drinks instead. Then I found free torches and this papasan chair that Quaintly had given me some time ago fit on one of the stages. Then I got some towels for laying out and I had a cooler that gives food and drinks that looked great by the towels. In the end, it came out looking like this.

New bar area


I'm so pleased with it!! And check it out, but the entire area - towels, papasan chair and all - is only 93 prims. How much do I rock out at low prim? I had given myself a 100 prim budget JUST on the bar/stages area. This means I get to decorate even more!! I'm totally happy.

I kind of forgot how fun it is to build when no one's expecting anything out of you. :)

10 comments:

C said...

I was hoping for a picture with your cute building outfit :)

Terri Zhangsun said...

I think it looks really great! Good job!

Anonymous said...

I like it, well done Ali :)

Sai Pennell said...

Looks cute! I has a jealous of your building skillz :D

Heather said...

That's really cute, you are good at that!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've got the whole fiesta thing going on!

Emerald Wynn said...

That looks awesome!!!! Um . . . do I still have a place on your island? It's been awhile. (Looks down sheepishly)

Kharisma Llewellyn said...

Looks lovely!! Can't wait 'til we get to party in it. ^__~

*laughs*

Casandra Shilova said...

That is such a fun design! It will be a great place to party.

Unknown said...

OMG - I totally love it!