Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!!!!!!!

I don't usually make resolutions anymore. I don't need the pressure. LOL But I have some that I just wanted to jot down anyway just to remind myself of them.

1. Be a better friend to my existing friends. I never IM unless they make the first move. Most of that is me just never wanting to bother anyone. But part of it is me just being shy & lazy, which is not a good combination for anything.

2. Take better care of myself. Yeah, that includes losing weight, but more than that, it's just taking care of me. Eating healthier, exercising more, taking the time to do my nails & do treatments on my skin, buying new clothes once in a while, going out to a movie...all of that. I don't take the time to just be good to myself very often, and when I do, I'm usually guilty about it. That needs to stop.

3. Stop feeling guilty if I don't live up to the expectations of others. I can't always be everything to everyone. I am not perfect and I need to stop knocking myself out trying to be what everyone wants me to be. If I make mistakes, they're mine to make, and if someone in my life can't deal with the fact that I DO make mistakes, then maybe they don't really need to be in my life.

4. Stop letting the behavior of others dictate my mood - unless it's putting me in more of a positive mood. :)

5. Develop one new skill, and become better at at least one that I already have.

So that's my list. It sounds like stuff that I should already be doing anyway, so hopefully it won't be too hard to deal with.

Best wishes to all of you in 2009!!!

4 comments:

Kharisma Llewellyn said...

Alicia, I hope you have a wonderful year in 2009! And best wishes in sticking to your resolutions. You need to take good care of yourself, hon--healthy body = healthy mind, and healthy mind = healthy body!! Here's to a great start for a new year, cheers!

Dyami Jameson said...

Happy New Year Alicia!

Casandra Shilova said...

That's a really good list. Discipline should be #1 on mine, along with some of yours.

Hope 2009 is the best it can possibly be for you!

*hugs*

C said...

I'm gonna use your list too ok?
:)

Happy New Year