Friday, September 25, 2009

Got my hands up, they're playin' my song!

So much going on lately. :) Good things, though. I am just so happy all the time recently! I have my moments of bitchy, but what female doesn't? LOL But in general...I'm just really happy. It's not uncommon for when people ask me how I'm doing for me to just reply "I'm awesome!" Because...I am. :) I just really hope it continues. As my close friends know, fall is a very hard time for me and I tend to be really really down and out of sorts in November especially. Maybe this year I can break the cycle. I'll explain more when November comes along. :)

Party news!! If you didn't hear about the SL Blogger Meet-Up this Sunday - well, go to that link and find out about it! :) I'll be DJing the party [I was SO excited to be asked again!] and it will take place at ArminasX Saiman's store, Electric Pixels, at the secretly located Particle Lounge. [Um, I guess it's not a secret since we're giving out SLurls...but pretend, ok?!] The theme is Outer Space, and I sooooo badly need a costume!! I'm demanding that Tyson and I have matching outfits, or at least ones that mesh well, so I think we're going to have to have a shopping trip tonight or tomorrow. Tymmerie made some space helmets so if nothing else, we have that! :)

He thinks I'm hot. No, REALLY!!


I asked him if I was hot. He said yes. That's all I needed to know.

Oh, so, I didn't end up going out of town like I'd planned this past week. With the rain and yucky weather that's been going on, it was just in our best interest not to go until possibly next month. That gives me extra time to continue dieting & exercising so my well-meaning aunts don't ask about my ankles again. My RL best friend of 14 years recently renewed her gym membership and as part of her package, she got guest privileges for 6 months. So until March [or until I decide I'm tired of waiting on her and get my own membership], I'm at the gym at least 3 times a week. It has been a struggle. Like many of you, my life is fairly sedentary. Walking leisurely around the grocery store or a little faster than a snail's pace on our treadmill 1-2 times a week was not doing it for me. Getting on that elliptical machine for 30 minutes the first time was so hard. I couldn't make it through the cool down!! Cool down, hell. I barely made it UP the steps to the machines at all. And it is SO embarrassing to say that because I used to be so active. I used to run, I used to dance, I did kickboxing and lifted weights. I've never been THIN, but I was FIT, and there is a difference. I wish I could blame SL for the lack of activity, but that's not it at all. It's me. I've been down, and I've been lazy. But just this past week. Just these 4 workouts at the gym and one at home that I've done [holy shit, since Saturday I've worked out 5 times!], it's done an INCREDIBLE difference on me. With every extra step I take, with every extra minute I keep in motion, I feel much much more like myself and so much less like the depressed little fat girl that I've become over the past 5 years. And the best part is that I take that into my SLife and hopefully the joy I feel right now, I can rub off onto others, because I am so blessed to have the friends I have in Second Life, and I want them to be nothing but happy.

Ok, too much writing. LOL I'm sorry for the blurb there. :)

It's time for a shower and to settle in for the evening!

No comments: