[Yeah, I posted this over on the style blog too, but for those of you who don't read it, you might be interested in this contest.]
I don't usually do stuff like this, but I thought it was worth repeating. :)
Announcing a Second Life Fashion Design Contest: Create Styles Inspired by RMB City For Art, Glory, Linden Dollars!
* New World Notes' proudly announces a fashion contest, calling on designers to create styles inspired by RMB City. NWN style columnist Iris Ophelia will curate the submissions, with the final winners chosen by her, Hamlet Au, and the RMB staff, including the city's creator, famed artist Cao Fei.
* There will be three submission categories: Skin and Hair, Accessories (including shoes, tattoos, and jewelry), and Outfit.
* Winner of each category gets 10,000 Linden Dollars. Overall winner gets L$20,000 total.
* Winners will be able to keep and sell their designs, in addition to sumptuous coverage in New World Notes by Iris Ophelia. Finalists will be announced at an RMB gala party scheduled for September 13th.
* Creative guidelines: RMB City is a wildly imaginative metaverse rendition of modern Beijing that's fantastic and surreal. Create styles to suit it. And be sure to explore the city, the website, and the blog for ideas. While judges will put a premium on new and original designs, submissions may be derived from designer's existing items. Visit the RMB City website and the installation in Second Life for inspiration: [Direct SLurl teleport to RMB City at this link]
* TO SUBMIT ENTRIES: Send them in a folder labelled "RMB Fashion - [YOUR NAME]" to Iris Ophelia.
* DEADLINE: SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 12:01am Thursday, September 10th.
Get crackin'! You could win some major $Lindens and that is always good for more shopping! :)