Sunday, November 1, 2009

Explorations: Butterdish

Welcome to my 30 Days of Blogs & Thanks! Ok, so really, I'm getting this first one in pretty early. It's a couple of hours into November. Well, with the time change, it's only an hour into November, it's... WHATEVER, OK? :-p

My friend Bon is really good about just dropping landmarks on me for nice little places he thinks I might enjoy exploring. Today's exploration took me to the charming little area of Butterdish.

When I teleported in, I waited for a few minutes for it to rez before really looking around. Once I looked, I knew I was in for a treat.

How many other places do you go where you land almost in the path of a twister?

Butterdish


In my physical world, I live in what's commonly called "Tornado Alley," so not one to shy away from a tornado, I went to meet the storm head on.

There's a sign nearby that says to go into fly mode, and then click the sign. Once I did, I couldn't stop laughing.

Whoosh!

Twister!


Soooo funny!! I did that for ages. I'm easily amused.

The rest of the area is pretty much awesome. It's very country, but just so pretty. I kept my lighting mostly at the region default the entire time, with a couple of times using the windlight preset Annyka's Soft Lavender Day when I needed a little more lighting, like in the bakery. Check out some more pics!

Did you poo?!

Pond

Sunbeams

Mmm cookies!


One of the cool things out at Butterdish is that some things are for sale! In the bakery, you can buy some of the cakes, and I even bought one of the cabinets. I don't know where I'll use it, but it was only $23L and just as cute as could be. In a little shed, there were - and you all know how much I'm addicted - but there were PREFABS. And not just any prefabs. Cute little prefabs I have no use for but that were dirt cheap!! I ended up buying this absolutely adorable skybox for just $30L, which I didn't get pics of, and then...I saw it. For $30L, it could be mine. I forked over my $Lindens and ran home.

My very own taco stand!!

My taco stand!


With my very own taco hat!

Taco hat!



I really suggest going out to explore Butterdish. It's just so pretty and maybe you'll find something you need to buy too. :)

Ali's Thanks of the Day: I'm thankful for friends who put a smile on my face even when they probably don't think they're doing very much at all. :)

1 comment:

Joonie said...

That looks awesome, Ali! Bon mentioned it to me, too, but I haven't made it there yet. Goes to the top of my list now! =)