Monday, November 2, 2009

Why My Avatar Never Eats

Dear LeLutka,

Why do you insist on calling me fat?

I'm fat?!


Now don't get me wrong, I'm always appreciative of the group gifts you send out - despite the fact that I look like hell in your skins and any clothing you make ends up completely embedded in my butt and hips. But I'm appreciative.

I just don't understand why you have to make me feel fat, or if not fat, then at least misshapen. When I bought both the Kora and the Olympia pants last year, I was in love with the look. Even though you seem to consider dark gray the new black, I loved the style. Right up until I put the prim tops on.

I'm a pretty slender avatar. Some of my friends regularly tell me to eat a sandwich. I am not very wide, despite having some curve to my body. But when I put on your skirt and turn around and it looks like this?

I have a fat butt.


Well, you can understand that it made me want to send my avatar to SLenny Craig.

Now I know what you're saying. You sent a "medium" skirt prim out. It gave me a huge system skirt butt and STILL was weird on my legs. Not to mention that my curvy friends said the medium was still in their hips. Medium is also not the new small.

In the future, please understand that many of us have hips and butts, or at least give us some idea as to where exactly we should put our numbers so we can wear your lovely creations without feeling like we're wider than all outside.

Your friend,
Ali

PS: After about 10 minutes on the posestand, a lot of cussing, and editing individual prims, I managed to get the skirt to work. It's still stuck in my legs a little, and for people who hate butts, you sure did give a big one on this skirt. But thanks anyway. I still think it's pretty.

New LeLutka skirt


Ali's Thanks of the Day: I'm thankful for designers who give group gifts that are pretty and wearable - even if to wear them we have to go nuts editing. It's still pretty darn cool that they are generous to their groups. :)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

hehe...i spent all morning TRYING to get that beautiful skirt to fit. i finally put on a cardigan that covered the butt and tp'd out the door. i know how u feel. :)

Anastasia Trefusis said...

I had to mod it too, but it does look nice on! I love your sweater too, where is it from?

Alicia Chenaux said...

My sweater is from Bublee Bing. :) I love it, I wear it probably more than I should. LOL