Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Damn you, electricity!!

So I was getting ready for the party tonight when a sudden storm swept up on us. Sudden storms aren't uncommon around here, so I didn't pay too much attention. But then....whooosh...no power.

"What the hell?"

Then click click, power.

"Whew...I was ab..."

Whoooosh. No power.

"Oh damn."

And it stayed off. The house filled with the sounds of beeping as various battery backups tried to work, but they're all old, so things were beeping and wheezing and you would have thought I was in ICU or something.

So I waited. And waited. Annnnnnnd waited. Nothing. Thunder, lightning, all that stuff that scares me was going on. Then on the police scanner we heard it. "Yeah, some trees fell on the power lines. Cut the power out all over this area."

Damn damn damn!!

So I ended up becoming a total whiny nightmare for hours and ended up missing all of the disco party except for the last 10 minutes. Sighs. I felt so bad. I felt even worse that people worried about me. I had sent Levi a text message, but I really should have just called him. I fail.

But we WILL reschedule it! I have a disco outfit and I have almost 3 hours worth of disco music. We are GOING to reschedule this sucker!

Huge thanks to Cen for doing such a great job and to Meara for finding a disco station and to Levi and Dyami for helping out with the welcoming. :) If there had been any way at all I could have been there, I would have. You know it would take some kind of destruction for me to miss these parties. :)

4 comments:

Terri Zhangsun said...

Bummer! I missed hearing your cute voice DJing last night!

C said...

I am just so glad you are alright!

I kept trying to distract myself from being worried by thinking how nuts you must be going not being able to get online for the party.

We will totally redo Disco night!

Writ of Hocus Pocus said...

We missed you for sure!

Unknown said...

At least you have a good excuse. I just missed it because I was decorating. The fae cave is almost done now, at least, and you'll never recognize the dance ball until the dancing starts.

But knowing you weren't there either takes some of the sting out, and I WILL be there next week. If you have more electric problems, let me know; I've got some pull with the lightning elementals...