Sunday, August 2, 2009

It's 5am, no brainpower left for titles

So I haven't been blogging much lately. I've been kind of pushing it off with writer's block as the excuse but that's not entirely true. I am writing posts in my head all the time. That's the way it was when I started and it's the way it is now. But the difference between then and now is that there are things I can't say. Because of privacy reasons [not my own, usually] or because it's not my story to tell, or because I simply don't think that I can write about certain subjects, I just don't write. It's a little stifling at times. I've always done my best thinking when I can write about it. There are things I'd love to share with all of you, my readers & friends, and sometimes I just can't and it's really strange for me.

Another reason, and this is probably the bigger reason, that I don't write is because I don't have that much to write about. I managed somehow to get myself into a quiet rut. I don't go exploring fun sims the way I thought that I would. I don't go to a lot of parties or events if I'm not DJing. I spend a great deal of time at home, sitting on a posestand, just kind of hanging out. Sometimes it's almost no different than it was 6 months ago when I was pretty much doing the same thing.

I was definitely lucky to have an incredibly great Saturday, though. The Creators Stamp Rally started [which I will talk much more about tomorrow after I get some pics done] and I went to stamp a few cards. The true FIC [Fashion Inner Circle! LOL] turned out for Arwyn Quandry's birthday/welcome-to-the-main-grid party and it was lots of fun! Arwyn was one of the participants in the BBBC this year, so some of you may know her from that. She was one of our Teen Grid participants. The party took place at Rouge and guess what? I finally had my chance to get very close to Mr. Hamlet Au. ;)

Hamlet & me on the dance pole at Rouge



Ok, I made that sound a little bit dirtier than it should have. To be honest, I'm not sure he ever noticed that he was dancing with me since I took GoSpeed's place on the pole after her partner came to the party. But it still made me laugh for ages. If you look around, you can find pics of Hamlet kicking me and Go in the face on the pole. I also apologize for the poor quality of that picture. I had crashed about 4 times and had just gotten back when I took that to my Snapzilla [where you can see other pics, btw], so it's not top quality.

After that party, I went to Sacred for 80's-early 90's night with Sophia & Skyhawke. It was a fabulous set and although the crowd was smallish tonight, it was so so good to be with most of my favorite people and able to actually have conversations. 50 people at a party is fun, I won't say it's not, but 10 people that you enjoy talking to while some really awesome music plays is even better, in my humble opinon, of course. And we laughed so much tonight! It was just what I needed.

Besides, who wouldn't go to bed with a smile on their face after leaving this scene? :)

End of the day

1 comment:

Hamlet Au said...

Hah, excellent! I was so lagged and grayed out I didn't realize who I was scoring with. NOW I CAN DREAM ABOUT IT.