Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Almost

It's almost here! It's almost May 28th! May 28th means everything that I've signed on to do in SL will be finished, and I can go back to just hanging out and having fun. Heck, maybe I can even feel right about going and playing Rift for hours again. I don't know how creators do it. I don't like feeling like I HAVE to do something in SL.

But May 28th is coming. I'm not - NOT - signing up to blog any more events for a few months. I would never never give up blogging for the Shoe Fair, and of course RFL is an extremely worthy cause, but I think we have been oversaturated with charity events this year, don't you? I know bad stuff has been happening, but goodness. Charity events are not the new black. When I hear creators say they haven't made a real sale in ages because people only buy their charity item, you have to wonder if it's all worth it. It's good to give to charity, of course, but not at the expense of your own livelihood. I don't know of many people who could say "Oh sure, take my entire paycheck and give it to the Red Cross" in the real world. I think in June, creators should go back to designing just for their own stores. Charity begins at home, and some creators need to work to keep that home standing.

I've been asked about it, but I have no idea if we'll do another Big Bad Blogger Challenge this summer. Although I have enjoyed it the past few years, I don't know if I want to do it again. I think a lot of bloggers in SL have changed. It's more about fashion and charity events than just "This is what I'm doing while hanging out in Second Life." And that's not a bad thing, don't get me wrong. But it does make the challenge a little more difficult. We'll see. If I choose not to run it and someone else wants to do one similar, don't take the name please. :-p
---------------------------------------------

Rylan and Sixx got married last week. It was truly a lovely and touching ceremony and I was so glad to have been there.

Rylan & Sixx

wedding reception



I guess I should get back to taking some shoe pictures.

1 comment:

Ry said...

OMG! thank you! I didn't see this until now. You are amazing! Thank you!!!