Sunday, May 29, 2011

Remember the Alamo!

Finally made it! All my blogging/SL responsibilities are over and summer can begin. I was hit with some RL bad stuff last week [which if you follow me on plurk or read my other blog, you know about and I won't get into here.] but I'm trying to pull myself out of a very dark funk.

So since I didn't have anything to do yesterday, I decided to check out an Alamo sim that I had seen advertised on SL's Facebook page. Being from Texas, I've been to the Alamo probably 5 or 6 times in my life, and I was interested to see how it would look. Imagine my surprise when I found out it was on a sim owned by the university I went to right after high school!

[Only went one semester, but I still claim it as where I went to school. Shush. :)]

It was pretty well done, and since it's in the destination guide, of course some newbies were milling around. A girl asked if we could all pose in a picture with her, and never being one to shy away from a camera in SL, I agreed right away.

The Alamo!


Looks like a field trip picture!

One of the funniest things was that the newbie guy in the big sneakers asked the girl in the pirate gown if she'd be his girlfriend in here. My fingers sometimes move before I can stop them, so immediately I replied, "Oh for pete's sake." But the girl, bless her, was way more polite than me and told him that she had a boyfriend already, but they could be friends.

I really do love the sims that look like real life places. I know, I know. People always immediately go for the fantasy in Second Life, and I do like that, too. But I think recreating a real world place, and doing it WELL, takes an awful lot of talent. Plus, I've always wanted to really travel, and I'm unable to do so, so it's like getting to travel for free!

I couldn't resist this picture. I always laugh when I see "Don't bring drinks in here!" type of signs and always have the urge to fight the power.

But...I just got this drink!


In other news, Bluebonnet is gearing up to go beachy in the next week or so. I was getting bored with my house, so I yanked everything up. But then I decided to terraform since I have so much open space for a while.

Terraformed my name!


Call me! I'll totally terraform for you, too!

I guess I should dive into my inventory. I haven't really cleaned it in about 3 months, which means that's 3 months of events and review copies that are sitting in there. I just passed the 80k mark and well...that's a little more than nuts, don't you think?

No comments: