Monday, December 26, 2011

I was a fashionista, then I took an arrow in the knee

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Aldwyn was an awesome hubby and got me Skyrim for my gift because he knew I'd been wanting to try it out! Well, that and he couldn't be around last night or today really, and he wanted to shut me up. I'm pretty sure it's a little of both.

Now let me preface this by saying that I am NOT a gamer. Seriously am not. Dragon Age is my real game of choice and that's mostly because I've played through so many times, I can enjoy it because I know what to do. I like playing by myself, using cheat codes, and always winning in the end. Plus the story is fantastic and I love Alistair. I did Rift for a time, but I sucked hard at it because I couldn't cheat and because I don't really dig playing with other people all the time. I did like the game, but it's dreadfully hard to solo as you progress and games, for me, are really more of a solo thing because I play games to escape.

So here is my little character. She's a Nord, because that seemed to be the best looking out of all the females to me.

Skyrim - Not bad, not bad at all


I mean, really. Like I was going to be a reptile or a cat or whatever? Even the elves aren't cute! I will always want a PRETTY character. But I think the Nords are warriors anyway, which is good for me because I don't get into magic and junk like that. I just want to kill stuff and look pretty doing it.

The controls have been the hardest thing in the world for me to get used to. In Dragon Age, when I use the WASD keys, A & D turn me and the camera around. It's a lot like SL in some ways. But in Skyrim, I'm having to use the mouse a LOT to look around and it's highly annoying. I'm getting used to it, but it hasn't been easy.

Also not easy? The fact that if I steal something, people come after me!! I'm just trying to stock up on supplies, folks!

Skyrim - Companions

Hmm...should I take this coin purse or leave it?

But the funniest thing to me was when I stole a horse. I would have BOUGHT it but it was 1000 gold and I didn't have that. So what choice did I have but to steal?

Skyrim - I stole a horse


I got on that horse and ran for my LIFE. But since you can't fight and be on the horse at the same time, when I got off the horse to kill something, the damn thing wandered off. No loyalty!!!

At least my character is pretty.

Skyrim - I think she's pretty


And MEAN. I can slash people down like nothing else!

Skyrim - She's mean


I killed some bandits and they had a horse, so I got to steal the horse! Riding high now, y'all!

Skyrim - Horse again!


Well, until we jumped and I miscalculated how high the wall was.

Skyrim - It's hard to keep a horse


Sure is hard to keep a horse in this game.


1 comment:

iliveisl said...

dang, seriously nice graphics in SkyRim =)