Saturday, October 29, 2011

Plain and dumb

The month is almost over, and wow...what a hell of a month. lol Getting used to married life, finding out things that I wish I hadn't had to find out... But it's been a balance of bad and good, I guess.

Thinking about stuff


So now that things are settling down for the most part, it's time for me to get back to doing more for the style blog. But there's a problem.

I have no style.

I was going through a fashionista crisis yesterday trying to figure out something to blog. Al, sadly for him, came in in the middle of my crisis. He tried to calm me down, but mostly all I got out of it is that my blog is more of the "ready to wear, off the rack" sort rather than the magazine type fashion that I admire in other blogs. He says I don't accessorize as much as other bloggers, which I agree with. But in my offline life, I don't accessorize much either. I wear the same couple of rings and occasionally I put earrings in or wear a necklace, but that's about it. So it's not easy for me to know what goes together in SL. I know what I DON'T like. I know what looks BAD. But I can't figure out how to put things together to look good. I probably also need to really get ruthless with my inventory and see what it is I have, because honestly, I don't know most of the time anymore.

We ended up going shopping a bit last night. He's in need of new clothes and I just needed to get some ideas of what I want my style to be. Because truly? I don't know anymore. I like what I like, but I don't have a set style. At least, not one that I can think of a name for.

Blah. #secondlifegirlproblems

What do you guys think? Can you label my style? Do you think I even actually have one? I'm not asking for compliments or to have my ego stroked, please don't think that. I just wonder once in a while about why I have a style blog. I love - LOVE - to promote things that I like, and I guess that's the main reason I have the blog. But I don't want to just be taking up blog space looking plain and dumb. Does that make sense?

Oh hell. I guess if I didn't want to take up blog space looking plain and dumb, this blog would have gone away years ago! LOL

It's a nice day, so I think I am going to go out and blow the dust off.

2 comments:

Kit Jordan said...

Your blogs were the first ones I found when I got into SL fashion way back when. You were a big inspiration for me starting out! Your style is casual and classic. There's nothing wrong with keeping things simple. The best pieces speak for themselves anyway. But your photography is also gorgeous and I always enjoy seeing your decor in the background.

Reemas Second Life said...

Alicia, seriously you need not fret! I also stumbled across your blog and fell in love with your unique sense of blogging, great pictures and photography and most importantly - your style is incredibly fresh, crisp, unique and so 'you' (if that makes sense!), from the hairstyle, shoes, accessories and the absolutely fab backgrounds and settings you take your shots in!