Friday, November 11, 2011

If only moving was always this easy!

Most people don't know it about me, but I really am a vintage freak. I love antiques and old old movies and old fashions. I also really love the tacky side of it all, like home decor from the late 60s-early 80s. Yeah, I can do the classy, pretty, shabby chic thing and that really is my preferred style, but the old old stuff like we had when I was a little little girl...well, I love it! And with all the vintage and retro goodness lately, I've been in hog heaven.

Before I left for my week of helping to take care of my dad, Ulaa had started working on a different kind of house than the ones she normally builds. Her style is very much my style, which is why I always seem to have the country/coastal/shabby chic style of homes. But when she said she wanted to build a more retro style home, I was SOOOO down for it. I got to see pics she posted on plurk while I was using my phone and I couldn't wait to get home so I could get the new house! And I knew Aldwyn wouldn't mind, being that he's used to me changing houses almost every time Ulaa makes a new one, and because he's old.

I'll wait here for him to come hit me.

So yesterday evening when I got home, I pulled up everything and plopped down our new house. It makes me so happy!! It's all retro goodness and fabulous and I love it! I started decorating a little bit last night but got too tired to finish. Then today Ulaa came over while I was out at the Vintage Fair and she said she'd fix the kitchen for me kind of like she had it in the vendor ads she did. I'm always happy for someone else to do the dirty work for me, so I sat around thinking of other stuff while she worked.

Hmmmm


She did a GREAT job and I'm totally happy! Plus she re-papered the walls in "my" kitchen wallpaper we'd had in the Odette house. The wallpaper makes me ridiculously happy because it reminds me a little of the paper we had in the kitchen back when I was 6 or 7.

I worked a bit more before Al got home. I think the living room is just about finished, except I need to pull out some knick knacks. And can I just say I'm terribly disappointed that I can't find any macrame owls for the walls?

The living room is just about done


The bathroom got started on today, but not finished. Our bedroom needs to be done, and so does the guest room. Yes, I like to have a guest room. You never know when someone needs to stay over! Then I'll work on the landscaping. Or make Al do it, like I was making him work on the backyard. What? He's the man. He should take care of the yard!

By the way, if you want to get Ulaa's house, you can get it over at the Vintage Fair. Remember that it JUST started today, so it's pretty laggy for the moment, but oh my god, it's SO worth going to. You wouldn't believe the things creators have put out. Really fabulous work! Ooh! And I'm going to be DJing out there on Sunday from 7pm-9pm SLT! It's going to be a sock hop! Fun times!

No comments: