Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Winter came early!

So I was standing around staring at myself in the mirror, as you tend to do when you're never quite satisfied with your face, when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. At first I thought I was probably just having a stroke, but no! It was SNOW!! Snow falling down on Bluebonnet earlier than expected! I had to run outside to see!

Hey It's snowing!


Then I ran back inside because I was really cold.

I didn't realize winter was coming early, but sure enough, there was a rumble outside and the Grand Bluebonnet Mountains came out of the depths of the sea. They only come when winter is here to stay, and in the spring they go sinking back down into the abyss of the ocean. Funny how that works, huh? Then the pond froze over and I threw on a coat and skates and went to play!

Skating time!


Aldwyn, Ulaa, and I are going to be throwing a winter party soon, so we took advantage of our time together and started setting up the Lima Heights Winter Park. I am in love with the place!!! It's not completely finished yet, but so far we have trees [lots of trees thanks to Ulaa and Caelan!] and benches and in the gazebo we have some couches to rest on and space for dancing and in the corner there is a gingerbread house and SANTA!!! I just love love love it!

Winter Park


[Yeah, I got overly excited and took the picture without waiting to see if the house would even show up in it. My draw distance was low.]

Near the rink, there are some benches in case you get tired, and a stand with hot chocolate. Plus, if you don't have skates, we have some free ones! BUT - you have to be in a mesh enabled viewer to use them. I grabbed the first ones I saw that looked good and I thought they were sculpted, but they're mesh. Sorry about that! [Okay, not really sorry. I want everyone to use mesh. LOL]

I just can't wait to get home tonight to play more in the park!

No comments: