Friday, August 31, 2012

Day 136 - This Movie Made Me Want Watermelon

Movie night with the Oleanders tonight! Brownie points if you can guess the movie. :)

Day 136 - This Movie Made Me Want Watermelon


I couldn't wait any longer, so our autumn grass came a day early to Bluebonnet. As much as I think beaches are nice, I just wasn't feeling the whole summer beachy vibe this year. Even doing a "Martha's Vineyard" style beach this year wasn't what I wanted really. I'm so much happier with the grass, especially the darker grasses we use for the autumn. Once our new house is prepared, I can really get to work on the parcel and see how well my ideas work with my skill level.

Maybe one of you will know the answer to this, as I'm still pretty uneducated about the whole pathfinding thingy in Second Life. I've chosen to turn it off for now on the island, simply because I don't really know WHAT it does and because I don't really think that we need it. But whenever I terraform, it starts to tell me that I need to rebake the region. What exactly is rebaking doing? And why do I need to do it when I terraform? It's not the same thing as saving the terrain file, I know that much. I wish someone would just put out a very easy to understand page on the whole pathfinding thing.

Bedtime!

2 comments:

Luna Jubilee said...

you're watching Dirty Dancing!

Looks like you all had a great time <3

Tigo Volare said...

As far as I can understand it, the rebaking happens after you edited your terrain. Right now you might not have any objects or Npc's in your sim that use the new Pathfinding, but when you do, those objects or NPCs will need to know how the terrain is located, in order to follow a certain path. If you edit terrain and dont rebake (which basically means refresh) afterwards, the objects or NPC's will get lost lol..I think!