Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Day 311 - Six Years In The Making

It's not just New Year's Eve for me. It's been six years since I started this blog.

Six years ago, I was... a mess. Really a mess. Ridiculous, incredulously, stupidly a mess. I didn't know what I was doing with my life. I'd run from a previous Second Life that was very bad for me. Oh, not saying I wasn't somewhat at fault because I did a lot of stupid things, but there were people who weren't good for me at that time of my life. They were good people, I'm sure, but not good for me at that point. I was taken advantage of by some people, and I took advantage of some people. I fully admit to all of that. I wasn't myself and I didn't allow these people to get to know me because I didn't know me. Grief makes you do a lot of things that you wouldn't think you'd do, no matter how long the grief has been festering. Drinking like a lush didn't help either, I'm quite sure. :) But it happened, and while I am sorry that I lost friendships and that I hurt people, I'm not sorry that I was hurt because it helped in the long run.

Six years ago, I never could have dreamed that this was where it was all going to lead. I have beautiful people in my life who accept me exactly as I am. They are happy, even proud, to call me a friend. Some of them even call me family. I cherish these people more than they could possibly know.

Six years ago, I started this blog because I was so lost.

Six years later, I am still writing in this blog because I am so damn happy. I am happy every single day. I am still enchanted with Second Life, but more than that, I'm happy with my first life. And so many people who make my Second Life amazing have made their way into my first life and I love it.

Six years ago, I felt utterly alone. Six years later, I have all that I could have ever wanted in Second Life.

Day 311 - Six Years In The Making


Thank you to those of you who read my blog. You might have come to get tips on how to live in SL cheaply, or to learn how to tint feet, or just out of curiosity, but you stuck around because you somehow found something in me that made you want to continue reading. Through my ups and downs, my randomness and my opinions, you guys have been here. I appreciate it more than you all could ever know.

Here's to 2014 - Let's make it the best year ever!!

No comments: