Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 347 - Necessary

Do you ever let something annoy you long past the time you should devote any kind of attention to it? Something very minor happened yesterday to me and I've been chewing on it like it's an old nasty piece of gum that I just can't spit out. I haaate when I get into these little snits, but luckily it doesn't happen too often.

But it did remind me to be more appreciative of what's necessary in my SLife.

Like...my family! Tonight we went over to the Oleanders' house for Taco Tuesday! Abby tried to tuck some tacos away to bring home since I never cook. *laughs* My sister is way better at feeding her family than I am! We even had sundaes for dessert. Riley must have put a whole cup of sprinkles all over her ice cream. Afterwards, we headed out to the lawn so the kids could play and we could chat.

Watching our kids


Takeo read a bedtime story to everyone about some mangoes, a monkey who was kind of a jerk, baby eating, and a crocodile who was not really down with mangoes. I'm sure their normal bedtime story reading usually goes better, but well, the Zanzibar side of the family is kind of...loud. We're sorry. [Not sorry.]

Ooh, I haven't mentioned it, but we're taking a family vacation to the Bahamas!! We have our plane tickets and passports already, but we have to shop and pack this week! Of course, Aldwyn and Takeo, being men, are basically taking just a ziploc bag of essentials. We girls are the ones who might need a separate plane to take all our gear! Does anyone know where to buy surfboards and waterskis that will work with kids, too? I'm just so excited for this trip! This will be our first big thing we get to do as a family and that makes it totally special to me.

But since we'll be leaving on Friday and coming back next Thursday, Lolita and Takeo wanted to get things for scouts set up in advance for this week and next week. That required a trip to get some things. While we were at the place, this girl showed up and just stood there. And stood there. Annnnd stood there. In her texture lingerie type thing and...TEXTURE BOOTS. She is over 7 years old but looked like she hadn't changed her clothes since her initial rez date.

You're from 2007???


And she plays Bloodlines. So there's that.

After saying goodnight to Lolita and Takeo, we settled into our skybox to chat until bedtime. This is also necessary in my SLife, time with Aldwyn so he can listen to me talk about whatever it is that is bothering me [or not bothering me. Really, I just tell him everything.] and I can relax.

Day 347 - Necessary


But as you can see, I'm exhausted. Goodnight!

No comments: