Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 54 - Weighing In

Whoops! Forgot to post yesterday. Well, okay, I REMEMBERED, but by the time I remembered, I was in bed and sleep > blogging sometimes.

So for the past couple of weeks I've had this scale out in the middle of our living room floor. And I keep getting asked, "OMG, are you weighing your avatar????" Well, yes, I am. But not in the way you think.

Day 54 - Weighing In


This is my nifty little script & memory use scale counter. You can buy it on the marketplace for just $3L. [Or ask me for one. They're full perm.] I use it before I go to any events to make sure I'm not going to lag both the sim and myself out.

You'd be surprised how much lag YOU cause all by yourself. With AOs, radar tools, game HUDs, scripts in hair, jewelry, clothes, etc, you can really cause a lot of lag. You always hear the Lag Police out at events screaming for everyone to get naked, but what they should say is to take off all your scripted attachments. You can pretend that walking stark naked out into an event is reducing lag, but if you're strutting in with your Chica Boom AO, MystiTool, Tiny Empires HUD, bracelet with a resizer script in each prim, and your hair with a color change hat - well, you might as well put your dress back on.

Btw, the new update to the MystiTool is awesome! It's FAR less scripty than it used to be! I can wear it and my AO and still be totally under the acceptable weight limit. Of course, if I'm going out to an event, I still take pretty much everything off to at least try to reduce the lag on MY side.

Except my clothes. Because, you know. There's a time and a place for that.

No comments: