Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 68 - Insert Coin Arcade

Many many years ago, someone introduced me to the Insert Coin Arcade over at Flotsam Beach. If you've ever done the 7 Seas Fishing, I'm sure you've been over to Flotsam, but you might not have made your way into the arcade. It's incredibly cute, although old at this point, and done in kind of an 80s style. And yes, there are games you can play, such as Whack A Mole!

Whack It!


But the FUN thing about the arcade is that you can get a band of tickets to wear around your arm. And as you play games [Whack A Mole and Skee Ball are my favorites!], you can earn tickets, much like we used to do back in the day. Do kids still play games for tickets these days? Are there even arcades?? I don't have kids, so I don't know things.

Now if you're good, you can save up 100 tickets and get yourself a free game machine to take home. But I'm impatient and I always want to spend my tickets on cheap junk right away.

What to get?


Maybe one day I'll save up more than 10 tickets at a time. It would be fun to win a whole game machine. That would have been my DREAM as a kid!! Of course, I could just buy one [Whack A Mole is only $250L] but what's the fun in that? The games are $1L for each play, and I think I spent about $12L out there today. But it was a really fun way to spend half an hour. I bet it would be a great place for those of you who have family in SL to go and take the kids, or if you want to do a high school date night with your honey. I know I'll be going back at some point. :)

Day 68 - Insert Coin Arcade

No comments: