Monday, June 9, 2014

Parcel open, and hey, we got a deck!

To start off: I have a parcel available on Bluebonnet! It's a small parcel, 2944sqm and 673 prims, and is a corner lot. It is NOT pre-decorated, you get to do all of that. :) We're a fairly quiet, family friendly sim. If you're interested, send me an IM in world, or if you have me on plurk, you can private plurk me there and I'll give more details!

So I've been wanting to do something with our backyard. We have the little garden that I have the gnomes and fairies in, but I really wanted a pool and a deck thing. But good grief. Some people in SL are charging ridiculous amounts for a pool area! You'd think we were buying a real pool! Sorry, but $2500L for a big prim with a water prim in it is not happening.

When The Arcade started, Abby really wanted the pool from The Loft. It's a simple thing, just an above ground round pool. When she got it, she gave it to me. It's sat out in our backyard for a few days and I kept thinking that I wanted to use it, but I didn't want to just stick it in the yard. I looked at tons of pictures and searched all over and then suddenly tonight I got inspiration after looking at the hot tub set Trompe Loeil has out at FaMESHed.

So I built with regular ol' prims and I textured with some old wood floor textures and I yelled when SL would undo my work and I'd do it again and I laughed as my girls almost drowned themselves twice in the ocean and I set out items from different sets and then it was done. It's not perfect, but it's pretty much just what I wanted.

Our new backyard deck


To celebrate our new deck, we had dinner outside. Birdy got grounded for saying dinner is a once a month event, and Abby got grounded for reasons, and Aldwyn got grounded not liking pickles, but it was a pretty good time to just hang out together as a family and talk about our day. And they all get grounded pretty much daily, so I'm starting to think they're not taking me seriously.

Dinner time on the deck


After our little ones headed off to bed, Aldwyn and I decided to break in the new hot tub and hang out for a while longer.

A hot tub soak before bed


I definitely see us enjoying our new deck this summer! I have to do a little landscaping and decorating around it still, but I'm pretty darn pleased with myself.



No comments: