Saturday, June 28, 2014

I could do with another helping of hashbrowns.

Before I go any further, let me ask you all to take a look at fundraiser page for Ulaa. If you can possibly help her with a few dollars, it would be appreciated. All the money goes to her and her son's airfare, lodging, transportation, and food. She doesn't know how long she'll need to be out there, so who knows what financial issues she'll have while out there. We donate freely to RFL and other charities during the year and we don't know where the money is going. At least with Ulaa, it's completely legit. If you're unable to pay through the site, there is also a donation kiosk set up at her store where you can toss in some $Lindens. Every tiny bit helps! Thank you!!


Last weekend was camp registration day! We kid around and say it's like The Hunger Games, but really, is IS serious business! We had 8 kids to get into camp this year, and not all of them could be online at the sign up times, so we were all trying to get to the location to sign up!

Preparing for registration


And yes. That is my husband in the Speedy Gonzales avatar. He thought it would help him zip through.

It did not. *laughs*

Thankfully, we had friends who had a LOT better luck than we had in getting to the sign up locations. We all tried and tried and tried. I swear, this was my screen for at least 30 minutes.

Welp. That's attractive.


But with the help of our friends and family, we managed to get all of our kids into camp! Camp letters are starting to arrive, so soon I'll have pics of the girls getting their letters! And bunk making starts soon! Today they find out what cabin they are in. Keep your fingers crossed that my girls get in the same cabin, please!!

After all the excitement of registration, the rest of the week was quiet. The best time for me was one evening when we got to sit around on Abby's build platform and be on skype while I told them all a story.

I tell the best stories


Of course, the story was crazy and really not for kids, but they enjoyed it anyway. :)

I already had breakfast today, but I think I'm about to be a hobbit and have 2nd breakfast because I've been distracted through this whole post, as small as it is, with how my stomach is rumbling again.

No comments: