Sunday, November 15, 2009

Art Walk & some other thoughts

First of all, I want to thank you guys for your prayers and good wishes for my daddy. My mom called this morning and he is doing MUCH better. I feel like I can breathe again for the first time in days. I never never could have gotten through this weekend without my SL friends. You all are a wonderful support system. Although I have a few local friends, I am basically dealing with all of this on my own, so just knowing that you guys are there makes all the difference in the world to me.

-------------

Yesterday my friend Gwendolyn asked if I could fill in as a DJ for an hour at the Hallelujah Azul Art Walk. Of course I agreed, especially since I had a chance to pull out the jazz music that I so rarely get to play during a regular party.

Of course, it started off with Tymmerie throwing me off the balcony. But you can read about that on her blog. ;)

It was a lovely hour and afterwards I had a chance to walk around and check out the art exhibits.

Hallelujah Azul Art Walk

I even ran into Bon out there! If you like art, be sure to head over and check it out before the end of the month. :)

After that, I spent most of the evening pulling out prefabs and looking at them. Snow is expected to fall on Bluebonnet almost any day now, and I will need a new house. And yes, let's face it. I always want a new house after a break up. lol While I was doing that, an old friend of mine asked if I wanted to get off the island for a bit and go dancing. I rarely get to talk to him since he's not in SL very much, so I agreed right away. Plus, I really really wanted to get off the island and it's been ages since anyone has taken me dancing. We had a really good chat, as he has almost the same issues I have with my parents [aging parents, being the only one to take care of them, etc.] And he reminded me that I really am a catch in SL. I have to admit, it made me feel a lot less blue. :)

But back to my house issue... I admit that I have more prefabs than should be allowed. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the RIGHT one. If anyone can point me out to some new prefab shops, it would be much appreciated. I've pretty much exhausted all the places I know, and the XStreet listings.

Ali's Thanks of the Day: I am so thankful for my SL friends, plurk friends, and blog readers. You all touch my heart in so many ways.

1 comment:

Quaintly Tuqiri said...

So glad to hear your dad is doing better, Ali. My parents are both very healthy but I worry about them getting older. They live far from me... eventually either they will have to move here, or I will have to go there, I'm guessin'!