Saturday, November 28, 2009

Yes, every day

This is probably going to be one of those rambling, thinking, opinionated posts, so if you already have your panties in a wad, you might want to just skip on by. :)

Almost every day, I hear someone say "I'm not happy with Second Life anymore!" Usually they do something different to change their situation. In rare instances, that person stops logging in on a regular basis. In even rarer instances, that person leaves altogether. And I mean, actually LEAVES, as in SL is off their computer, good bye, see ya later, never log in ever again.

I've been in Second Life a while now. I've had good times, and I've had some really terrible times too. But I still love it. I log in every day excited to see what is going on.

It kind of reminds me of something Charlotte said in the Sex & The City movie regarding being happy in her relationship. "Well, not all day every day. But yes, every day."

That's how I feel. I'm not happy with it all day every day, but yes...happy every day. There are things I'm not always happy with in SL. There are things I would change if I could. But I keep coming back because I love it.

So that brings me to the more opinionated part of my post. If you DON'T enjoy it, why are you still logging in? What makes you keep coming back to something you don't care about? Why are you lagging us down with your presence when you don't even care to be there? People say, "Oh, I come back to talk to friends." But if your friends are still happy in SL, do you think it does them any good to hear you whine and complain about how over SL you are? There are lots of email and IM services you could use to keep up with people.

I'm fairly fortunate to have people around me that love it as much as I do. If you're unhappy with it, maybe it's time to change your situation. After all, no one says you have to be here.

1 comment:

Chestnut Rau said...

Well said. I agree 10000%