Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 272 - 2 Years and Counting!

Two years ago today, I was getting ready to put on a fluffy white dress, walk down the aisle in front of some of our closest friends, and attach myself to one of the best men I've ever had the privilege of meeting in Second Life.

Three years ago, this guy taught me that men in SL are not all just out for sex, they weren't all there to hurt you, and that some are willing to accept you and love you EXACTLY how you are. Craziness and all!

I knew pretty early on in our relationship that he'd end up being my partner. I never pushed it, because well, I figured at some point all my quirks and flaws and stuff would run him off and who wants to waste $25L on a divorce? *laughs* So I waited. When he proposed to me on our one year anniversary of being together, I was... Well, shocked, to say the least. I'd be a real pain in the behind ALL NIGHT. But he still loved me enough to propose, despite my nagging him about his eyebrows. :)

Three years together, two years married. He has never hurt me, even unintentionally. He puts up with my quirks. He listens to me when I want to talk, and is simply there for me when I don't want to say anything at all. He encourages me in whatever I want to do. He didn't seem to mind when I tucked us away from almost everyone after being hurt by someone, and he hasn't minded now that we've expanded our family. Y'all, this man goes to THE ARCADE on opening day for me so that I don't have to. If that's not love, I don't even know what is.

Happy anniversary, baby. I look forward to many more!!

Day 272 - 2 Years and Counting

2 comments:

The Alt said...

Gawd that's so awesome hes like the perfect man! litterly when I found your blog I thought no he cant be real he must be your alt because no guy can be THAT perfect! but yet here I am still reading your blog an to this day still hoping after four years in sl wishing I could also find a perfect man in sl such as him.I have however taken my heart off the market for a while since I recently got hurt badly by a guy an after trying 7 different times with guys ive kind of given up for now but your posts about him still make me believe there could be hope for me for a guy to cross my path that's like him.... *if he has any single friends that are guys pass them my way wont you?* Just kidding... Congrats to you both!

Alicia Chenaux said...

LOL! He'll be tickled to know someone thinks he's my alt. :) Believe me, my hair is a lotttt longer than his!

He's not perfect, but he's perfect for my SLife, so that's all that matters.

Not to be cliche or anything, but you do honestly find the right person when it's time and usually when you're not looking. I wasn't looking to get involved with anyone and I neverrrr thought I would be with Aldwyn because we'd already known each other for a while and nothing had happened.

But just know that there ARE decent men out there, I promise! ♥