Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Just As Good As Always

In my RL, long hot baths are not really possible. Even long hot showers aren't great because my skin hates me and gets itchy, dry and gross. I don't usually mind in the summer because it gets so hot here sometimes that even our cold water comes out lukewarm. But there are times I want to take a really long, super hot bath and I have to ask myself if I want to be itchy for days afterwards or nah. The answer is usually nah. *laughs*

But since my skin in SL is beautiful always, I got a chance to relax in my mermaid tub, which I FINALLY was able to put out because I wasn't lagging like crazy!

Just as good as always


Yep! Even in SL, long baths are just as good as they always were. And as silly as it sounds, it really was relaxing for me.

I don't know if you guys read New World Notes, but there was an article today about Cube Republic and he said that SL has really helped him manage his trigeminal neuralgia - which is a really nasty chronic pain condition. Read the article, it's short but good. But what Cube said made a TON of sense to me.

As I've mentioned before, I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder many years ago. I don't respond well to most medications that I could take for it. One drug that I do take when it gets super bad, I have to take half of the pill, even though it's a very low dose, because a full pill will leave me almost unable to function the next day. SL, especially in the past 3 years [although not as much in the past 6 months with my computer issues!], has been instrumental in allowing me the chance to manage my anxiety without medication. Or at least, with a lot less medication. :)

In the past couple of days, I've been reminded of the help that SL gives me. I can distract myself with pictures and exploring. I can laugh until I cry with my family instead of growing increasingly frustrated that I can't run around with them. And I can set up an oasis in our home where for a few minutes, I can just soak in a tub that won't leave my skin itchy afterwards. And when I get into bed tonight, I can think about all of this and feel less anxious. Even if I only get 5 minutes of relaxation, it's so so so worth it to me.

No comments: