Friday, May 16, 2008

Namaste

So I was hanging out in SL, checking myself out as I do about 97% of the time I'm in-world [what can I say? I love my av.] and I get a notecard from Strawberry Singh telling me about a pretty little free dress that is at her friend Zaara's shop. [SLurl] Well, the thing that makes this story a story and not just a "Yeah, and?" story is that I was already wearing the dress and taking pictures of myself. :)

I think the full name of her store is Zaara's Indian Couture, but I could be wrong since I'm not in-world at the moment to check. There was a free box of bindis, too, so I popped one on my head and feeling inspired, I looked up "India" and ended up at this charming sim. There's even a tall mountain where you can sit in a flower and meditate. It's really nice and I'll edit this with the SLurl once I get back in-world here's the SLurl. But check out a couple of shots of me at the sim, and in the adorable free dress. It matches the free signature sandals from Lassitude & Ennui perfectly [the silver and gold ones], and I'm wearing the henna paint on my arms that Tuli had given out during the Red Stick hunt.

The Buddhist Retreat


Meditation


I've been trying the past few days to work without a facelight. I hear some of your gasps of horror. But honestly, I don't seem to need it anymore except in very certain lights. I've been playing with the Advanced Sky presets in Windlight and there are some that are just so lovely that a facelight makes me look ridiculous. Take off the lights and play around sometimes. You might be surprised. :)

2 comments:

Strawberry Singh said...

ok that's funny, didn't realize you were actually taking pics in it! It looks lovely on you and I'm wondering why I haven't found that mountain before, lord knows I've searched india like a thousand times.

Gonna do that now, again! :P

Alicia Chenaux said...

I've updated the entry with the SLurl. :) I'm not sure if it's really supposed to be India. It's called Bodhi - The Land of Buddhadharma.