Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 279 - The Makeover Viewer?

It's been a really great weekend - which actually started for me on Thursday. lol 4 days of good food, lots of drinks, and lots of laughs. It was one of those weekends that I was bummed because I was missing some things in SL, like some good sales and the Shoe Fair ending event. But, sometimes you just have to make choices and the choices were easy ones to make this time. :)

School starts tomorrow here. Not that it means a lot to me personally, but since all my local friends have kids, it kind of signifies the "end" of summer. I can't say that I did everything I planned on doing this summer, but I gotta say...it was pretty damn cool. :)

I wasn't in SL all that much today, but I did want to give the Imprudence viewer a whirl. I used to be a diehard Emerald Viewer fan, but around June, it simply ceased to function properly for me. Doing a clean reinstall would work for one log in, but only if I was lucky. Rainbow, Kirsten's, Snowglobe...for some reason, it was all the same. And I have a pretty decent machine, so I don't know what the deal is. I moved to Viewer 2, and I've been with the 2.1 beta for a while now. With the whole "EmeraldGate" thing going on, of course all my friends who refuse to use Viewer 2 have been trying to figure out what to use, and Imprudence was touted as one of the best to use. I'm not really interested in making a switch, but I do like to try things out, so I did.

It's good. Everything loaded up fairly quickly and I didn't appear to be terribly lagged out, which is good. But much like Snowglobe did for me, not all my textures would rez properly. In fact, as I was standing there, parts of my hair... well, look.

279-365


Just ... poof. Black. A friend of mine said maybe the client was giving me a makeover. LOL! And the other 2 big pieces never would rez. Plus, antialiasing didn't work very well, and although it supports tattoos and alphas, it does not support multiple layers like the 2.1 beta does. And I am spoiled now. I like to wear tattoo makeup layers and not just one at a time. But even if it did, the antialiasing not working very well [much like it didn't work well for me in Emerald either] is an enormous turnoff.

But, I will say, if you don't care about multiple layering or antialiasing, Imprudence is a pretty decent little client, and I will probably use it here and there.

Bedtime!

No comments: