Sunday, November 9, 2014

Just Breathe

I've always been a people watcher. I learn more by listening than by talking. I spend a lot of time observing. In SL, much like in RL, we tend to gravitate towards like minded people. Not saying that our friends are exactly like us, but very very rarely will we have close friends who are completely opposite of who we are. When I see people gravitating towards those who habitually cause problems for others, who have no problems trying to turn other people against each other, well... I have to wonder if they are like those people or if they just have really bad luck and choose the wrong people to confide in. I mean, we've all been there, right?

I do think that some people have the ability to change, though. I know that's not an opinion that is shared by many, but it's what I feel. I know I'm not the person I was a year ago. Or two years ago, or five years ago. And I'm okay with that. I wouldn't want to be stagnant and luckily for me, my changes seem to be for the better because I have supportive people around me. I think that's a big deal. If I kept people around me who fed into my worst qualities, I'd be pretty bad off. Because I know my flaws: I can be overly critical. I can be insensitive and cold. If I'm angry, I will find your weak spot and go in for the kill.

Luckily for me, over the past few years I've surrounded myself with people who have softened me up a lot. They've kept me from becoming the kind of person that I wouldn't want to be and helped me become a better me.

Now do I think everyone changes for the better? No. Some people don't. They find others who latch onto their drama and make it worse. And that's pretty sad.

Anyway, it's almost 4am and I'm rambling. :) I'll wake up tomorrow and re-read this and think "What the heck?"

Tonight I was doing a style blog picture while on a skype call that just kind of made me tense. Not the people on the call or anything, but just the topic of conversation. But then I thought, "Just breathe." It's what I tell myself when my anxiety is on high alert. Just breathe. Nothing is that bad. I have people who love me, and the ability to meet more people who might possibly be good for me, too. Just breathe.

Just Breathe

1 comment:

birdy ♥ said...

I agree. I've changed a lot too and I have a lot more changing I need to do. You'd hope that everybody would change at least half as much from 20 to 40 yrs as they did from newborn to 20 yrs.
I think everybody has the ability to change.. but it's always hard to tell which people will and which won't.
I hope you slept well once you got to bed ♥