Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 172 - Celebrate!

Remember the old party ball?

I'm bringin' it back.

172-365


Expect a party very very soon.

********************************************

Today is my mom & dad's 47th wedding anniversary. My mom said when she told my dad last night, his response was a surprised "Hijole!" [That's Spanish slang for "wow!" or "geez!"] She made me laugh when she told me that because she said he sounded so so surprised, as if wondering "How the hell did we get this far without killing each other?"

My mom says she thinks the reason they made it so long is because the first 25 years, they never really saw each other since he worked days and she was a night nurse. I guess that would help. LOL

I'm heading over tomorrow to celebrate with them. Well, my mom and I will celebrate. Daddy will eat whatever we bring in and then fall asleep watching tv. But in any case, it will be good. :)

2 comments:

Sunflower said...

Happy anniversary to your parents, Ali! I hope they have a good day :)

My parents have never celebrated or cared much about their anniversary. This year will be their 33rd!

-Quaintly

Terri Zhangsun said...

Congrats to your parents! That party ball brings back memories!